Wednesday, August 15, 2007

an important anniversary approaches

August 22, 2007 will mark a very important anniversary... one that commemorates something which has become critical to me and come to take up much of my time...

I am speaking, of course, about the 20th anniversary of the release of the Legend of Zelda for the NES.

I lost HUNDREDS of hours to that game. I still know it enough to be able to sit down in front of it and remember where all the secrets and all the hidden levels are.

And that was BEFORE I went to college and downloaded the emulator onto my PC. Wild crazy college guy that I was.

You think I'm kidding, you haven't heard my ringtone.



Oh, it's also 5 months for me and TheLovelyMissSarah (who may or maynot be herein referred to as TLMS). That too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dad was addicted to the Legend of Zelda...he would play it all night long.

Bradley said...

Nice. I actually lost significant time to that game at least twice... once growing up and then again on my PC in the dorms in college on an emulator. Wheeeee I was a crazy kid.