Monday, January 19, 2009

random thoughts from the weekend of Richard and Jenny

This is the first time in a while I've put something up here without thinking it through in advance, so excuse a little stream of consciousness.

Some observations from the weekend, in no particular order and perhaps of no particular relevance to anyone who wasn't present.

* I don't care if NO ONE else thinks it's funny... I'm still going to call it "Our Lady of the Orange and Green."

* Any bar where four people can sit making balloon animals and not get a single sideways look probably has earned its nickname as "The Star Wars Bar." (or, for the good and nerdy among us, The Mos Eisley Cantina)

* Everything was very nice, and I'm very happy for them, and I look forward to hanging together... but at the same time I'll also be happy if this doesn't mean the end of the occasional cigar night.

* Was actually surprised that I enjoyed heading out for Indian. And third wheeling it at that. But hey, it got me out and with good peeps.

* If that's being "single", then I'm a vermicious knid.

* I don't pretend to know a lot about this stuff... but offhand I'd guess it's a good thing that the first question from everyone is where she is. it's a great thing that no matter where it is I wish she was there :)

* I'm drained. And I didn't even have anything official to do. THEY must be zombies by this point.

* Guess I saw both my future and my past today... in that order, and within a few hours of each other. Interesting experience.

* I'd like to thank Lisa's sister for welts, a sudden taste for veal, and an invisibility cloak.

* At least there wasn't a chicken dance. But... mariachis? That's different.

* Kinda interesting experience, and maybe a sign of the times, that I saw this one from "Jennie is going to move back to Miami and will probably start dating Richard." to this. A few years in between!


* I think it's funny that the guy who gave the worst gift ever ever in the history of ever (well, maybe second worst gift, to "WHAT'S IN THE BOX?!?")... I think it's funny he's still trying to justify it as NOT having been an idiotic move.

No comments: