Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Better living through bad cliches

I managed to amuse myself today by (semi-)successfully employing the expression "I am the Lorax and I speak for the trees."   The context was saying I didn't want to dub myself to be the self-appointed communicator of the ideas and thoughts of others, that it would be a bit presumptuous of me to hop up and insist I was a spokesperson for the thoughts of an entire group --- and I didn't to come out and say I was the Lorax and I speak for the trees ;-)

I randomly pepper in this crap just to keep myself on this side of sanity.   You would too after a 3 1/2 hour conference call.

Sometime later this week, I'm hoping to find a way to work in a random expression of my own.   Perhaps "The short answer?  No.   The long answer?   Nooooooooooooooooooo."  :-p

No comments: